Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The 7 seconds of Death

Okay, The title can be a little scary but it is not as frightening as you may think. Did you just noticed what your brain measured within a few seconds of reading the title? Well that is exactly what this post is about First Impressions. What did I think of the first Influenster (www.influenster.com) VoxBox I recieved.

When I first look at the box. I felt bummed and questioned "Why is it so small?, Why is it so plain? But, you can never judge a book by its cover. And then I secondly, thought "I like this box a lot it is ecofriendly." Everything fit into the box perfectly. No wasted space and I can reuse this box when I want to send off something as well. And once I seen all the stuff I got, the design didn't bother me anymore.



In this box I received 7 items. I felt it was a good amount of samples/full size items received for FREE. Yes, for free all I had to do was fill out surveys about my life. In the photo above you see a card. The informational card gives you information about the products including: price and product usage.

I received:

1. NYC New York Color® IndividualEyes Custom Compact;  Valued at $4.99
2. Kiss® Ever Pro Lashes Starter Kit; Valued at 5.99
3. Bath and Body Works®; Valued at Mini Candles $3.50
4. EBOOST®; Valued at $28 for a box of 20 effervescent powders, $39 for box of 30 effervescent powders, $39 for box of 12 shots
5. Goody® Simple Styles Spin Pin; Valued at $7.29
6. Not Your Mother's® Smooth Moves™ Frizz Control Hair Cream; Valued at $6.00 for a full sized 4-oz bottle
7. A surprise for me and you! 
8. I wasn't eligible for the bonus item *sad face*. Which was either a Vitabath® Fragrance Mist or Boots No. 7 Beautiful Skin.






I immediately became nervous when I seen the Goodys® Spin Pins. As I have natural kinky hair. I have my doubts about this product as I am concerned whether I will get knots in my hair from using this product. I have viewed a few videos on young women using the spin pins with their natural hair. But, it could possibly work differently for me. So all I can do is cross my fingers and hope for the best, lol. 

Personally, I am not to fond of eyelashes. I always struggle putting them on. But, once in awhile I will take the time to add to the lashes I already have. I am really excited with trying these out, they aren't the usual thin and sparse lashes I am used to. 



Here you see NYC New York Color® IndividualEyes. It is the perfect shimmer smokey eye for a night out with the girls or a special someone. It totally screams a eye makeup tutorial, beware I am a beginner. In this palette you receive a primer, illuminator, highlighter, lid, and 2 contour shadows. Not Your Mothers® Smooth Moves Frizz Control Hair Cream will help me create the perfect braid or twist-out, it will keep my hair nice and smooth and maybe even with flat-ironed hair.



Lastly, I received the most intoxicating aroma of the best part of fall, PIE! Bath and Body Works® has a series of mini candles. The scent I received is called Nutmeg and Spice, it reminds me of all my favorite pies and all the spices that go into them to make the invigorating smell. I also was given a discount code to share with all my friends once I make a purchase.

Eboost® is a nutritional energy powder. It contains a daily dosage of vitamins, minerals, and super-nutrients to boost your energy and immune system. It also doesn't contain sugars, or artificial flavors.


With all these items I can create the perfect evening look as well as keep me on the dance floor all night long and energized. I am glad that I was able to partake in this box. Within a week or two I will update you guys on my feelings about these products.

Disclaimer: These products were sent to me for free for a quality test trial to review by Influenster.

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous. Can't wait to read the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All you have to do is go to the "Badges" section on the site. Connect any social networks you are a member with. And at the "Expert" tab is fill out the questionnaires available and then follow the "tasks" for each one that you choose. You don't have to do them all but it does help with the scoring. The higher you score the more eligible you are for different boxes. They are issued out each month. You may or may not be available for each and everyone but they will contact you on a basis manor and ask for you to take a pre-qualification survey.If you qualify or not they will contact you back within maybe 48 hours.

    I plan on posting reviews around the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete